There are a wide range of Waterpik cordless dental water flossers available and many of them require an occasional spare part to keep them running, especially parts such as replacement tips, the battery and the motor.
Below we list some of the parts used in various Waterpik water flossers and show you where to buy replacements.
For instructions on how to open your Waterpik to fit replacement parts see our online repair guides here.
Which Waterpik Flosser Do I Have?
First you need to determine which model of Waterpik you have. The easiest way is to find the WP or WF model number marked on the flosser. In the example below the flosser is marked model WP-450 behind the reservoir. Below that is the serial number and a localised part number (WP450UK in this case.) You can generally ignore any letters after the numbers as these refer to your geographic region.
Parts for Waterpik flossers are generally interchangeable between flossers that share the first 2 digits after the WP- in their part number. The third digit usually only indicates the colour. So, for example, within the WP-460 series your flosser might be a WP-462 but it will use the same parts as the WP-463, WP-464 and so on. Bear this in mind when looking for spare parts for your flosser.
The WP-440, WP-450 and WP-460 series are generally identical apart from colour. Listed below are some of the Waterpik Cordless Flosser series available:
- WF-02 Cordless Express Water Flosser (AA battery powered)
- WF-02A, WF-02A011, WF-02C, WF-02C010, WF-02EU, WF-02EU011, WF-02UK, WF-02UK010, WF-02W, WF-02W010 (white), WF-02W012 (black)
- WF-03 Cordless Freedom Water Flosser (AA battery powered)
- WF-03A, WF-03A010, WF-03EU, WF-03EU010, WF-03UK, WF-03UK010, WF-03CD, WF-03CD010 (white), WF-03CD012 (black)
- WF-10 Cordless Select series with magnetic USB charging
- WF-10C, WF-10EU, WF-10EU010, WF-10UK, WF-10UK010, WF-10W, WF-10W010 (white), WF-10W012 (black)
- WP-300 Cordless Water Flosser series
- WP-350, WP-360, WP-360W, WP-365
- WP-400 series
- WP-440 Cordless Professional Water Flosser
- WP-440 (white/grey), WP-440W
- WP-450 Cordless Plus Water Flosser
- WP-450 (white/blue), WP-450A, WP-450B, WP-450C, WP-450E, WP-450EU, WP-450E1, WP-450UK, WP-450W, WP-455
- WP-460 Ultra Cordless Plus Water Flosser
- WP-460, WP-460UK, WP-460W, WP-461, WP-462 (black), WP-462A, WP-462B, WP-462E, WP-462E1, WP-463 (classic blue), WP-464, WP-465 (orchid purple), WP-466, WP-467, WP-468 (mint green)
- WP-470 Cordless Water Flosser
- WP-470, WP-470UK
- WP-440 Cordless Professional Water Flosser
- WP-500 series with magnetic induction charging
- WP-560 Cordess Advanced Water Flosser
- WP-560, WP-560A, WP-560E, WP-560EU, WP-560UK, WP-561, WP-562 (black), WP-562A, WP-562EU, WP-563 (blue), WP563EU, WP-564 (pink), WP-565 (orchid purple), WP-566 (teal), WP-567 (grey/gray), WP-568, WP-569 (rose gold)
- WP-560 Cordess Advanced Water Flosser
Available Spare Parts
Below we list some of the commonly required spare parts for Waterpik water flossers, including spare tips, water tanks, replacement motors, replacement flosser batteries and new chargers.
The water jet tips for your Waterpik are pretty universal across all Waterpik water flossers. The replacement tips are available on eBay from the following suppliers:
Water Reservoir Tank
The plastic reservoir tank on your Waterpik flosser can often start to go cloudy and can also suffer from a build-up of limescale or mould from the water. The plastic can also crack meaning that the water reservoir leaks. Lids can also break. You can replace your reservoir with one of a different colour as long as it is from the same model series to make sure that it fits.
Replacement Waterpik reservoir tanks and lids are available to buy on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Waterpik Reservoir Tanks and Lids – eBay UK
- Waterpik Reservoir Tanks and Lids – eBay.com
- Waterpik Reservoir Tanks and Lids – eBay Australia
Reservoir Tank Plug
The filler door/stopper cap that covers the water filling hole in the reservoir tank can easily break or snap off and get lost. This cover plug seals the reservoir to stop water leaking out during use.
Replacement reservoir tank plugs are available to buy on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Tank plugs from Lonestar for WP-400 series
- Waterpik Reservoir Tank Plugs – eBay UK
- Waterpik Reservoir Tank Plugs – eBay.com
- Waterpik Reservoir Tank Plugs – eBay Australia
The motor is the heart of your Waterpik as it drives the pump using the electrical energy stored in the battery. This Waterpik WP-450 was fitted with a Mabuchi FC-280SA-3540 motor:
Make sure that your replacement motor comes with the correct gear attached. Otherwise you will need to use a miniature gear puller to remove the gear from your old motor and press it onto the shaft of your new motor. Replacement motors are available to buy on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Motors by Lonestar
- Waterpik flosser motors – eBay UK
- Waterpik flosser motors – eBay.com
- Waterpik flosser motors – eBay Australia
Rechargeable batteries have a limited service-life so at some point you will need to replace the rechargeable battery inside your flosser. We have a comprehensive battery replacement guide for the Waterpik WP-400 series (including WP-450 and WP-460 models) available online here.
Replacement Ni-MH batteries for certain Waterpik water flossers are available to buy via our shopping page here.
There are a few thing to consider when buying a replacement charger for your cordless Waterpik flosser.
The easiest way to get the correct replacement charger is to buy one with matching part number marked on the charger. This is generally a model number starting YL or U marked on your existing AC adaptor.
If you do not have your original Waterpik charger because it has been lost and you need to find a new one then make sure you buy a new charger with the following specifications:
- It must have the correct physical mains plug for connecting to your domestic electrical supply, and the correct input voltage.
- It must have the correct output plug or induction connector for connecting to your Waterpik flosser (there are several types)
- It must have the correct output voltage, current and current type (AC or DC)
The most common charger type in North America is the YLA-03010 available in white or black. This is an AC/AC adaptor. It has a 2-pin mains input plug to suit US/Canadian wall sockets. The rated input is 120V AC at 60Hz with an output of 3V AC (∿) at 100mA current. This charger will fit most WP-400 series Waterpik flossers which have D Type sockets, apart from some older versions of the WP-450 which had a triangular connector socket known as the M type on the front.
D Type connector used on most Waterpik cordless flossers:
M Type connector used on some older versions of the WP-450 flosser:
Other charger part numbers for North America include YL-35-030100A and U030010A12, the latter of which comes with a triangular M type plug to fit the flosser. These both have an output of 3V AC at 100mA.
In Europe the chargers are AC/DC rather than AC/AC adaptors and are rated at 220V to 240V AC input voltage at 50Hz and have a 3V DC (⎓) output at 100mA current. For example, the part number for the UK model Waterpik charger is YL-35-030100D. Below is a photo of the continental European Waterpik charger with 2-pin Europlug AC input plug and D type output plug for the flosser.
There was also a charger for early versions of the WP-360 flosser. This charger has a cylindrical barrel connector plug to plug into the Waterpik. These are no longer manufactured but you might be able to adapt a later model of charger to work with your flosser by fitting a barrel plug to it. Check the electrical specifications of your original charger first!
Some cordless Waterpik models have a magnetic induction charger connection or a USB charger.
Replacement Waterpik chargers for all countries are available on eBay from the following suppliers:
If you cannot find a compatible charger using the eBay link above then contact your local Waterpik distributor whose details are on this list. Let us know in the comments below which distributor was able to help you and your country.
If you cannot find a new charger with the type of connector you require, one possibility is to buy a new one with a different connector then ask an electrically competent person to cut the cable and plug off your old charger and attach it to the new charger. This only applies to chargers with the barrel-type, D-type and M-type plugs, but not the magnetic (USB powered) or induction connectors.
Please leave a comment below if you have any questions, information or tips about replacement spare parts for the Waterpik water flosser range.